Saturday 24 March 2018

Shannon Quinn : part one

Shannon Quinn is the author of poetry collection Questions for Wolf (Thistledown Press). Her work has appeared in literary journals in Canada, the US and Ireland.

Quinn has produced numerous radio documentaries for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. She currently works for the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto. Quinn's second poetry collection, Nightlight for Children of Insomniacs (Mansfield Press) is forthcoming this spring. More info can be found at shannonquinnpoetry.com.

What are you working on?

I’m working on what will be my 3rd collection of poetry…I think it is an exploration of how equanimity manifests but it might take me somewhere else. I try not to impose expectations about content but once content starts to reveal itself I want to maximize the potential for the pieces to work together as a collection. My 2nd collection, Nightlight for Children of Insomniacs, comes out late spring of 2018. In that collection I am exploring how in Buddhism we believe that every sentient being has the potential to have been out mother in another life…that theme was so great to work with because regardless of your personal beliefs, most people don’t respond in a neutral manner to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment